To achieve our goal, we have established a set of perimeters. The perimeters are:
1) WE DO NOT CREEP FEED. The weights listed on September 28 are what good grass and our cow’s milk produced.
2) Docility is as important to you as it is to us. We handle and manage our own cattle, thus we don’t have the time or desire to be chased out of a pen. We cull heavy for docility.
3) Scrotal Circumference (SC) – We want to provide bulls that will get out and get the job done. Thus, we select bulls with a +1 or better SC epd. We found this to be important to ensure fertility in the bulls and females and to obtain the acceptable circumference we require of our yearling bulls. We require a 35 centimeters or better circumference at the Breeding Soundness Exam in February for the bull to make the sale along with passing semen evaluation for morphology and motility. Current standards will allow yearling bulls to pass with a scrotal measurement of 30 centimeters.
4) Weaning EPD’s (WEPD) – WEPD is important to transmit that growth off the cow to the calf for those calves marketed at or shortly after weaning for our buyers. A.I. sires are being selected with at least a +50 WEPD. Of this year’s offering, 73% have a +50 or better WEPD.
5) Yearling Performance emphasis has been added to meet the need to produce the required heavier weight market steer. We are looking for Yearling EPD’s for A.I. sires to be close to +100 or more.
6) Structural Soundness and Eye Appeal are continued to be visually evaluated.
Please contact us for a catalog or more information. We will be updating with more photos until sale day. Thank you for your interest.